Please observe the following guidelines for Greyfest 2017:
- DOGS MUST BE LEASHED: Flexi-leashes are not permitted and dogs must be under owner control at all times. Everyone is encouraged to utilize x-pens or crates to contain your hound when not on lead.
- NUMBER OF DOGS: We encourage you to bring your Greyhounds to Greyfest. Although Greyfest is a lot of fun, it can be a long and busy day. Please bring only the number of Greyhounds you can safely manage and handle during the event.
- DOGS SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE AND COOL: Please make sure your dog is comfortable by providing plenty of water, snacks and a soft place to lie down in the shade and rest. This is a very exciting but tiring day for them!
- ANTI-SOCIAL, AGGRESSIVE, OR EXTREME HIGH PREY DOGS: If your dog typically exhibits any of these signs, for the safety of people and dogs in attendance, your dogs should be properly monitored at all times. We will ask you to leave, if necessary.
- SCOOP POOP AND USE TRASH RECEPTACLES! Please pick up after your dogs. Poop bags are available at the registration table and the SEGA store. SEGC/SEGA volunteers must pick up trash before they leave at the end of the day, so please help us keep the area clean!
- SMALL DOG OWNER ALERT: Some Greyhounds are very "high prey." These dogs are classified as "non-tolerant" and generally do not do well around smaller dogs. For the safety of everyone at Greyfest, small dogs and any pets other than Greyhounds should be left home.
- OTHER DOG BREEDS: All other breeds should also be left at home, regardless of size. Some Greyhounds are not accustomed to interacting with other breeds. We cannot safely predict how the Greyhounds in attendance might react to other breeds, so it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for your understanding.
- CHILDREN: Not all dogs are used to children so always ask permission before allowing your child to approach or touch strange dogs.
- NO UNAUTHORIZED SALES OR SOLICITATIONS PERMITTED.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES:Please respect our caterer and donâ€™t bring in outside food or beverages unless for a small child or a special dietary condition.
- OVERNIGHT PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE PAVILION AREA. If you plan to come to Greyfest via RV and need overnight parking, please contact Lisa Strickland.
- RV HOOKUPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR A FEE NEAR THE PICNIC PAVILION. The Pavilion area does not offer RV hook ups as part of our contract. These can be reserved in advance. Please contact Lisa Strickland if you believe you will need an RV Hookup during the Greyfest activities. There are 30 and 50 AMP sites available.
- PLEASE PARK AND DRIVE IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THERE MAY BE OTHER EVENTS AT CHATTACHOOCHEE HILLS THE SAME DAY AS GREYFEST. PLEASE PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO ANY HORSES OR RIDERS NEARBY. DRIVE SLOWLY THROUGH THE PROPERTY.
- NO SMOKING PLEASE.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK DISRUPTIVE HUMAN OR CANINE GUESTS TO LEAVE. Your cooperation will help ensure that everyone safely enjoys the day and we leave Chattahoochee Hills with the opportunity to use the facilities again.